Thus, people look for shortcuts to quickly clean the house and ends up missing several essential spots. Therefore, if you want to clean your abode thoroughly and perfectly, you need to plan properly and follow a checklist. It will help you to identify important jobs and organised your cleaning task. As a result, you will not overlook any spots, and your house will get the cleaning it deserves.
If you want to clean a rental property at the end of the lease agreement, it is advisable to avoid DIY methods. Instead, look for a company that offers reliable bond cleaning in Brisbane. They also follow a standard checklist to ensure that every nook and corner of the property gets proper cleaning, so you can get back the bond money. If you want to clean your home perfectly and in a systematic way, you need a checklist.
Here is your ultimate step-by-step house cleaning checklist.
Always start with the cooking area while cleaning your home properly. It is because dirt, grease, spills, food stains, and other impurities accumulate in your kitchen and cleaning it takes longer than cleaning other rooms. Make sure the following spots are included in your list.
- Upper cabinets and Inside drawers: Apply an all-purpose cleaner on the surface and wipe it down with a damp cloth.
- Stovetop & countertop: Use a soft sponge to remove the stains and spills from the surface.
- Appliances: Clean the inside and outside of all appliances, especially the oven and refrigerator.
- Kitchen tiles: Using an all-purpose cleanser and scrubber, remove grease deposits from kitchen tiles.
- Sink and faucets:Scrub the sink and faucets with baking soda and dish soap to remove dirt and germs.
The bathroom is frequently used on a regular basis but generally ignored when it comes to house cleaning. Thus, it is one of the dirtiest areas in your home. Also, the high moisture content of the bathroom makes it an excellent environment for germs and bacteria to thrive. Pay special attention to the following areas when cleaning the bathroom.
- Toilet: To clean the toilet, mix baking soda and vinegar together.
- Bathtub, sink and faucets: Scrub the stains thoroughly with dish soap and rinse thoroughly.
- Showerhead and glass: Clean the soap scum and hard water stains from the glass and remove limescale from the showerhead.
- Bathroom tiles: To clean the tile and grout, use an all-purpose cleaner.
- Exhaust fan: To remove the thick layers of dust, wipe with a microfibre cloth.
- Mirror: For a streak-free finish, spray a vinegar-water solution and wipe with a squeegee.
- Handtowels & shower mat: Replace them with new ones and thoroughly clean them.
After dusting and scrubbing your kitchen and bathroom, focus on your living room and bedroom. There are numerous areas in these rooms that require deep cleaning. If you want to clean the rooms for final inspection, you should hire a company that offers the best bond cleaning in Brisbane, Queensland. Otherwise, clean the following spots.
- Decorative pieces: Remove the dust from the belongings with a microfiber cloth.
- Windows:To clean windows without streaks, spray all-purpose cleaner, rub with a sponge before removing the solution with a squeegee.
- Electronics: Wipe down the TV, music system, laptops, and PC as well.
- Upholstery and furniture: Wipe the furniture and remove dust from the expensive upholstery.
- Window blinds and curtains:These areas also trap a lot of dust, so eliminate the dust and wash them.
- Mattress: Sprinkle baking soda evenly over the surface and let it sit overnight. Vacuum it well the following day.
- Carpets:Use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust, food particles, pet hair, etc. Remove any stubborn stains as well.
Apart from the aforementioned spots, there are also some common areas in all the rooms that people often forget. If you want to make your home look sparkling clean, make sure you wipe the areas. So, make sure you include them in your checklist.
- Ceiling corner:Get rid of the cobwebs, dirt and dust using a long-handled broom.
- Ceiling fan blades: Clean the dust from the blades with the help of a microfibre cloth and damp cloth.
- Air filters and vents:Remove dust from the air vents/registers and, if required, change the air filters.
- Light fixtures and bulbs:Use a damp cloth to wipe the light fixture and if the bulb is not working, change it.
- Door handles and light switches:Clean the spots and then disinfect them along with other high-touch points.
- Floor:Finally, sweep and mop the floor throughout the house and remove all the stains.
The Bottom Line
House cleaning is a stressful and confusing task, but you can make it a lot easier and quicker by following a cleaning checklist. If you want to make a detailed list, keep in mind the spots mentioned above. However, if you are moving out of the rental property and want to clean it perfectly, hire professional bond cleaners in Brisbane.