Your Simple Whole-House Cleaning Schedule
Everyone likes to live in a clean house, but not all of them like to clean. It is the tedious nature of the cleaning errands that take the fun out of the process. Nonetheless, by sticking to a robust and customised cleaning routine, all the tasks can be accomplished with ease and efficiency.
Keeping your home space neat and tidy makes it all the more livable and comfortable. The house appears aesthetically pleasing, and all your belongings remain in place; the kitchen and bathrooms stay free from grease and dirt – what more could you ask for?
Those who reside in rented accommodations would understand how much an undeviating whole-house cleaning schedule benefits in getting the full bond money back. Don’t wait till the end of the lease for a bond cleaning company in Brisbane
to deep clean your house. Before the mess gets out of control, sit back and devise a realistic cleaning schedule for your living space.
1. Plan Ahead
To begin with, take a stroll around your entire house, room by room, and get a fair idea of what needs to be done. Just grab a pen and paper and create a checklist of the majority of the cleaning tasks to be done to attain a healthy environment in your house
. Be aware of the chores that demand more attention, and enlist them on priority. Arrange the more regularly utilised areas of the home like stairways, kitchen, bedrooms, and bathrooms on top of the list while keeping the storage, attic, basement or guest room at the bottom.
While you are at it, have a fair idea about the nature and quantity of cleaning supplies that you would want to accomplish your project. It’s no secret that the everyday use items like white vinegar, ammonia, baking soda and lemons usually suffice for achieving a thorough cleaning of the surfaces.
2. Prepare a Cleaning Checklist
Run a glance through each corner of the room and design the order of taking up each of the tasks. Following a cleaning checklist is more beneficial and time-saving than you would imagine. Enlist the chores from ceiling to the floor –
- Make the bed. Arrange all the pillows, sheets and blankets. Secure them with a cloth before you proceed to prevent them from getting soiled.
- Clean the fans, wall corners, lights, fixtures, door handles and knobs.
- Dust the doorframes, windows, blinds, furniture items, bookshelves, lampshades, picture frames, paintings etc.
- Organise the closet and donate the surplus to charities in Brisbane. Toss the curtains into the laundry.
- Vacuum and steam clean the carpets and shake the rugs.
- Sweep, mop and vacuum the floorings. Give special attention to the hard-to-reach areas like the corners of the room and under the furniture.
- Clean the cabinets first. Organise and purge the pantry.
- Wipe the kitchen counters, hardware, fixtures, and sink.
- Wipe and sanitise the cooktop, range hood, oven, BBQ, refrigerator, microwave, and other kitchen appliances.
- Focus on the areas that face frequent usages like doorknobs, taps, and range hoods.
- These are the places where most of the stains and germs lie. Schedule a thorough disinfecting routine for such crucial sites.
- Clean and sanitise the fixtures, door knobs, and mirrors.
- Scrub, rinse and dry the wash basin, and toilets.
- Wipe the counters and cabinets.
- Clean the shower head and bathtub.
- Mop and dry the floor.
3. Assign a frequency to each of the errands
While selecting a day or month for each of the places to be cleaned, bear in mind your lifestyle in Brisbane, schedule of your work and that of your family. Moreover, not all the sections require the same amount of attention. In general, a weekly or a bi-weekly cleaning schedule fits in almost all of the places.
4. Time your chores
Allot a time frame to each of the cleaning tasks. You can’t surely perform all the chores on hand in one single day. So, it’s better to assess the time required for finishing each of them individually and estimate the total time invested to accomplish in entirety. After that, you may identify the time span you can devote to cleaning every day and calculate the required number of days.
Alternatively, you can randomly align the tasks on weekdays, e.g. Monday – kitchen, Tuesday – Bathrooms, Wednesday – living room and so on. You can set timers for each day and begin from where you left on the next to make the work super-comfortable for you.
5. Stick to the schedule
Implement your plan and adhere to it without fail. It may sound challenging in the beginning but only gets simpler and more fun with each passing day. What’s more? Once you start keeping the house in order, the subsequent cleans will not be as arduous.
For any home to look tidy and operate placidly, a detailed cleaning schedule must be in place. Fortunately, there are reliable cleaning companies like Bond Cleaning in Brisbane
that is well-versed with the complexities of house cleaning. Once you hire their professional cleaners, you can rest assured that your living space is in safe hands. They perform their job with full dedication and skill set so that you don’t have to worry about the outcome.