To ensure this, a final clean-up is performed by the tenant or he/she hires professional bond cleaning in Brisbane. After the end of tenancy cleaning is complete, the property is reviewed, and if it passes the final inspection, then the security deposit is returned. Tenants know the importance of the end of lease cleaning, which is why the emphasis on getting it right is immense.
If you are a lessee whose rent agreement is getting over soon, understandably you must be feeling pressured to meet your landlord’s standard for the final purging of the property. Don’t stress! Here is a complete end of lease cleaning guide by experts in Brisbane to get your bond back.
Do you need to Hire Professionals?
Before you start the process of sanitation, it is essential to analyse your move to determine whether the DIY end of lease cleaning should be performed or not. Reread your lease agreement to confirm if there is any condition stating the professional end of lease cleaners in Brisbane have to be hired.
According to the Residential Tenancy Authority in Queensland, a tenant has to get the end of lease cleaning done professionally if the property owners had it performed by experts before the start of the tenancy. If your agreement doesn’t have any such clause, then a DIY cleaning can be managed after discussing with the property owner.
Arrange a Reliable Cleaning Checklist
Knowing what tasks to complete is essential to perform an end of lease cleaning successfully, and it will help meet the expectations of the property owners. Professional cleaners in Brisbane follow an approved cleaning checklist and if you want to sanitise your home like a pro, then creating a list is necessary.
Start by researching about what tasks are part of the final sanitation process and look for pre-made cleaning checklists by experienced end of lease cleaners in Brisbane.
Furthermore, analyse your property to make a list of deep cleaning activities to perform and seek the assistance of household members.
Start with the Kitchen
One of the most important areas of the property to sanitise at the end of a tenancy is the kitchen because it is among the dirtiest places in your home. Here is a list of tasks to perform.
- Proceed from the top, making your way to the bottom. Clean the cabinets and storage units above the countertop.
- Sanitise the countertops and stove
- Clean the oven, dishwasher, and other appliances
- Sanitise then disinfect the sinks and drains
- Clean the cabinets below the countertops
- Don’t forget to wipe and disinfect handles, knobs, switches, and other high touch areas
- Vacuum/sweep the floors and mop from the innermost corner towards the exit.
Clean the Bathroom Next
After the kitchen is sanitised shift your focus to the bathroom by performing the below-mentioned tasks.
- Apply the cleaning solutions to the toilet bowl, sink, and bathtub. These solutions may take 10-15 minutes to work effectively.
- In the meanwhile, clean the mirrors, tiled surfaces, countertops, and storage units
- Next clean the bathtub to remove soap scum, the sink, and drain
- Wash the toilet bowl, seat, rear area, and accessories.
- Wipe high touch surfaces
- Disinfect the entire bathroom
- Sweep and mop the floor
Sanitise Other Areas of the Property
The kitchen and bathroom take the most time to clean and disinfect. Once these rooms are tended to, the following activities need to be performed for the other areas.
- Take the top to bottom cleaning approach and clean each room in a circular pattern to avoid recontamination of sanitised areas.
- Spot clean the walls & baseboards and remove cobwebs
- Clean cupboards, drawers, and other storage units
- Wipe or vacuum blinds, air vents, door/window frames, and tracks
- Dust and clean fixtures, switches, knobs, handles, etc.
- Wipe countertops and vacuum the carpets
- Vacuum or sweep the floors before mopping them
Get Required Help
If the property has pests, mould or any other type of infestation, then seek the help of professionals to restore the property to the same condition it was in at the start of the tenancy.
Reputed cleaning companies offering end of lease cleaning services in Brisbane also provide additional services like pest control, mould remediation, fumigation etc. Other additional services that can be availed are carpet shampooing, upholstery cleaning, wall washing, and many more.
At the end of the tenancy, getting the property cleaned is of utmost importance. According to the guidelines of the RTA, it is the responsibility of the tenant to return the property in the same condition it was in during occupancy.
Therefore, performing end of cleaning is essential and can be performed as per the guide mentioned above. By following the manual, you have a chance to get your bond back without any stress, hassle or challenge.