Windows are among the first fixtures of your house that people see from the outside. Dirty windows take away the appeal of your home and make it look unpleasant. Keeping these fixtures clean is necessary not only for visual gratification but also for a variety of other reasons.
Often windows are neglected when it comes to routine cleaning. However, when the holiday season is around the corner, and people come to your house more, paying attention to the windows becomes necessary.
Don’t know how to take care of the windows to make your home sparkle? Here is a complete guide by professional cleaners in Brisbane outlining the advantages of window cleaning, which supplies to use, and how to clean them effectively and efficiently.
Advantages of Cleaning Windows
Besides enhancing the visual appeal of your home during festivals, there are various other advantages of cleaning windows. Here are some of the most important ones.
- Cleaning and sanitising these fixtures makes it easier to maintain them and increase their longevity. Glass panes of windows can become cloudy due to dust, grime, and moisture since their surface is porous. Therefore, regular cleaning of windows is necessary to keep them shiny.
- Frequent washing and wiping of windows prevent the accumulation of dust, dirt, mould allergens and other contaminants. Windows aid in ventilation and if they are unclean the pollutants enter the house compromising the indoor air quality. Poor indoor environment leads to various health problems and that is why keeping windows clean is vital.
- If you are a tenant, then cleaning windows is advantageous as they need to be sanitised for getting a full bond refund at the end of the tenancy. If you have hired professional bond cleaners in Brisbane, then they will clean the windows perfectly. However, if you are cleaning yourself, then paying attention to these fixtures is important.
Which Cleaning Supplies to Get?
For cleaning windows, you will need a host of cleaning products and tools. Here is a list of supplies you will need to get if they aren’t already in your house.
- All-purpose cleaner or a window cleaner (whichever you prefer)
- Sponges and brushes
- Microfiber cloth and gloves
- Rubber squeegee with telescopic rod
- A vacuum cleaner with the crevice tool
Cleaning windows is less challenging when these supplies are used, especially when you are at the end of the tenancy and short on time. Even professional bond cleaners in Brisbane have these cleaning supplies on-hand which makes it easier for them to get optimum results within a stipulated period.
How to Clean Your Windows?
Analyse all the windows in your house to know which ones are the dirtiest. The location of the fixtures determines the exposure to dust, dirt, grime, moisture and other factors that soil windows. Therefore, the ones placed towards the entryway and in the bathroom or kitchen may get dirty faster than the ones in the bedroom.
After inspecting the windows, see what is required to make them clean. Here are expert tips by professional Bond lease cleaners in Brisbane on how to sanitise windows in your house.
- Vacuum the frames, tracks, panes, and other parts of the windows to remove dust, debris, and other particles. You can remove dust and dirt using microfiber gloves as well.
- Fill the cleaning solution in a spray bottle and spot clean the windows if they are not too dirty. Wipe away the residues with a wet microfiber cloth.
- If the windows are heavily soiled, saturate a sponge with the cleaning solution and wash them. Use a brush if there are stubborn spots. Rinse the windows with a cloth damp with warm water. Run the rubber squeegee on the glass to remove excess moisture and ensure the windows have a streak-free look.
- Don’t clean windows when sunlight is directly falling on them as it can make the cleaning solution dry faster. Also, it can lead to streaks and water stains to form when the windows are left for air drying.
In case you don’t have the time or energy to clean windows for the holidays, don’t hesitate to take the assistance of experts, especially if your lease agreement is about to end.
Book professional Bond lease cleaners in Brisbane to sanitise your entire rented property including the windows. Their help will enable you to enjoy the festivities without any worries and manage the stress of moving in a better way.
The Bottom Line
Learning the above-mentioned advantages of keeping windows clean during the holiday season and generally will motivate you to clean them regularly. Through this guide, you can clean these fixtures like pros and ensure they remain sparkling throughout the year!