It is a super-exciting holiday season which includes scary yet creative costumes, food, candles, drinks, and of course, decoration. The whole concept is to make your house look extra spooky and haunted using ingenious decking ideas.
Since this eve is all about gathering together, make sure you arrange everything accordingly ahead of time. Make sure you start with the house cleaning chores to get rid of dust, dirt, grime, stains and mould from every corner of your house.
You can use eco-friendly products, such as white vinegar, baking soda, lemon, Castile Soap instead of store-bought cleaners. Even highly-trained professionals use natural products while carrying out a detailed bond cleaning in Brisbane.
Once you are done with the household chores, consider the following tips and decorate your house for a ghostly Halloween.
Let’s Get Started!
1. Creatively Plan with Your Family
Planning is important when it comes to hosting a perfect party for Halloween. To incorporate creative decorating ideas, you can plan everything with your family. This is a fun and exciting way to spend quality time with your loved ones, and the best part is that people of all ages can contribute their decorative ideas.
You can decide a theme such as a haunted forest or a scary cemetery this year to give a sense of creepy and spine-chilling ambience. Make sure you create a list of all the necessary items that will be required to decorate the house.
2. Deck Your Lawn
Do you have a lawn outside your home in Brisbane? If yes, then decorate and make it look Halloween-ready. Set an artificial skeleton, add zombie hands, masks, decorate trash bags and other small things to give a haunted look to your lawn.
The decoration outside the home not only enhance haunted ambience but also creates excitement. Your guests will get curious to see how you have decorated inside the living space.
For example, you can use scary scarecrow and paint it with red colour. Cover your trees with spider webs or hang creepy-crawly critters.
3. Deck Your Front Door
Believe it or not! The front door, as well as windows, set the atmosphere for the Halloween party. It will be fun to include a few ghoulish touches to them using creative ideas. Here are a few things you can do:
- Install a scary doormat which has a picture of a ghost or monster on it.
- Do not forget to hang artificial bats on the front door to give your home a haunted look.
- Splatter some fake blood on the windows and front door.
- Cover your window glasses with black cloth to boost the ghostly ambience.
If you want to clean-up your entire property after hosting the party to get rid of stains, spills, splatters and other grime from your home, hire the best cleaning company in Brisbane. A good company always specialises in transforming grimy places into a clean and shiny space in less time.
4. Do Some Creativity With your Furniture
Decorating furniture can be an ideal way of making a home look creepy and abandoned. You can try the following things while preparing your furniture for a Halloween:
- Cover your upholstery furniture with white sheets. Use old ones that have holes in them to give them a bizarre look.
- Spread spiderwebs on your coffee table and bookshelves. Use some creativity to display the scariest part of your home using artificial skeletons and fake blood.
- Cover your chairs and tables with black cloths. You can use old sheets and cut them accordingly.
- Set a skeleton on a chair to create a ghostly atmosphere.
5. Decorate using Pumpkin
A Halloween party is incomplete without pumpkins. People have been using them for years while decorating their homes. It is good to add more pumpkins to make your home look Halloween-ready.
- Use orange balloons and paint it with black colour to create an artificial pumpkin. You can hand them on your ceiling walls.
- Paint some pumpkins with black colour. Put them in nook and cranny of your abode in Brisbane.
- Prepare dishes and decorate them on your dining table.
6. Play with Lighting
Different colours of lights play a vital role in setting the eerie look for your home. Make the most of these items while preparing your abode for a Halloween party. Instead of using bright lights, use dim ones to maintain the theme. Here are some fun ways to use lights:
- You can tape plastic bats inside the shade of your lamps to give a scary feel. Avoid putting them too close to the lamp bulb.
- Use a few yellow, red and orange paper lanterns.
- Light white candles with blood dripping down them. You can do this by putting white candles over a paper towel and light a red candle over them until you have dripped red wax over it.
- Light up your pumpkin.
7. Have creepy Walls
There are plenty of things you can do with your home walls. You can either hang a few scary paintings on your walls or do the following things:
- Hang some paintings with white cloth. This will give a horrendous look to your home.
- You can draw eerie eyes on your window glass and mirrors.
- Use fake blood outside the frame of your paintings.
- Hang skeleton and spiderwebs.
These are some great hacks that you can use to decorate your home and make it look Halloween-ready. You can try them and give your abode a spine-chilling look. If you are at the end of your tenancy and want to pass the rental inspection, contact the best company for a thorough bond cleaning in Brisbane. They will clean your property top-to-bottom without giving you a hint of stress.