According to various studies, hard floors in the properties of Brisbane and other parts of the country can have dangerous bacteria, viruses, and fungi grow exponentially if they are not cleaned and disinfected regularly with good quality products.
Although a host of commercial hard floor cleaning solutions are available in markets but they have harmful chemicals and volatile organic compounds that are not good for the indoor air quality and health of the household members.
Therefore, it is best to go natural by making an easy homemade floor cleaner suitable for any type of hard floor. Here is your complete guide with recipe for the cleaner that is often used my end of lease cleaning experts in Brisbane. Also, keep reading to find the best way to use the solution and other valuable insights.
The Required Supplies
The best part about making this homemade floor cleaner is that all the ingredients are readily available in the pantry of your house.
- Water at room temperature or slightly lukewarm
- Clear Dishwashing Liquid or Castile Soap
- Essential oils of choice but tea tree, eucalyptus, lemon, and other anti-bacterial and antiviral ones are preferred
- Distilled White Vinegar or Baking Soda
- A bucket, sweeper/broom, and microfiber cloth mop
Recipe for the Homemade Cleaner
Once you have all the supplies on hand, make the cleaner that is used by experts who practise green end of lease cleaning in Brisbane professionally. The recipe is mentioned as follows.
- Fill half the bucket with water, which should ideally be 2-3 gallons
- Add one-two teaspoons of dishwashing liquid or Castile Soap as per preference
- 10-15 drops of one essential oil or 5 drops of one essential oil if you are using multiple ones. Don’t add more than 15 drops to the solution or it will cause a thin layer of residue to form after mopping
- 250-300 ml distilled white vinegar. If the floor is marble, granite or of any other stone then add one cup of baking soda because vinegar is acidic and will cause damage to the porous stone surfaces
- Mix all the ingredients well to ensure all of them are incorporated
Note: If you have a steam cleaning mop then adjust the ratio of ingredients accordingly and clean the floors by filling the tank with this cleaner. The machine will clean the surfaces a lot faster and better than just water.
The Method for Cleaning
Sweep the floors and spot clean if necessary before using the cleaning solution to remove any debris, dust, dirt and other contaminants. Next wet the mop with the cleaning solution and start wiping the hard floors using a ‘W’ pattern to get rid of any remaining pollutants on the surfaces.
The ‘W’ pattern is an effective technique for mopping and vacuuming that is used by the experienced bond cleaners in Brisbane. In addition, while mopping start from the innermost corner of the room and make your way towards the exit to avoid recontamination of the cleaned floors.
Why is this Cleaner Effective?
There are a number of reasons why this cleaner is an effective and efficient sanitiser for hard floor and they are mentioned as follows.
- It has vinegar that is acetic acid a potent degreaser and remover of dust, dirt, and germs. Vinegar is has low pH level and high acidity making it ideal for cleaning a variety of surfaces.
- Dishwashing liquid or Castile soap are excellent detergents that are usually pH neutral and cut through grime and other common contaminants on floors
- Essential oils are good for adding fragrance but if the right oils are used like tea tree, lemon, etc. that have anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties, they make the solution even more potent for cleaning.
- Baking soda is an economical product that has abrasive properties making it perfect for using instead of vinegar when cleaning stone surfaces such as marbles, granites, sandstones, etc. It is not corrosive for stone surfaces like vinegar and it is an excellent cleaner.
Advantages of Using this Cleaner
Besides this cleaner being an alternative to commercial cleaning solutions with toxic and hazardous chemicals, there are many other advantages of using this wonderful homemade cleaner for sanitation.
- It is economical, effective and easy to formulate at any time
- It is a multipurpose cleaner that can be used for cleaning hard floors and many other things like window glasses, mirrors, stainless steel surfaces, walls, baseboards, toilets, sinks, countertops etc.
- This homemade sanitiser is non-toxic, natural, and eco-friendly, making it easy to dispose
- It is a solution that is used by even professionals who perform green cleaning jobs in Brisbane.
The homemade cleaner mentioned above is an excellent solution for cleaning hard floors as well as a variety of other surfaces. It is used by professionals who perform eco-friendly end of lease cleaning in Brisbane and a potent cleaner. Through this guide, you can learn which ingredients to get, how to make the solutions, and how to use it effectively for best results.