We all love preparing homemade cleaning solutions because they are cheap, non-toxic and work better than any commercial cleaner. Have you ever thought of using white vinegar and baking soda to clean your dirty microwave! These ingredients, when used in proper ratios, will help you in removing stubborn stains, smell and grime within the surface and walls of your microwave.
Here are some simple yet effective microwave cleaning tips, that will take less than 10 minutes to clean:
Clean with White Vinegar
Though you may find thousands of chemical based microwave cleaners in the local market of Brisbane, make sure you pick the nontoxic products such as White Vinegar. Yes, it works wonders when it comes to removing grime, grease and tough stains such as ketchup or gravy.
So, Instead of buying expensive cleaners, you can opt for this affordable solution because it contains zero harmful chemicals. Plus, it has natural bleaching properties and the antimicrobial element that can help you purge explicit food odours and tough stains. Let’s see how to clean microwave with vinegar
- Add ½ cup of vinegar along with water into a big microwave bowl
- Heat it for 10 minutes
- Once the timer goes off, let the solution sit for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Make sure you don’t open the microwave. The vinegar steam will automatically loosen the tough food particles, stains and even odour
- Take the bowl out of the microwave and dip a sponge in the same cleaning solution.
- Scrub off the dirt, grime and food particles using the sponge. Clean the surface, walls and ceiling of the microwave. The steam will make it easy for you to remove the dirt in seconds.
- Now, with the clean cloth, you can wipe off the walls, corners and surface to bring back its shine. The steam does all the magic in this cleaning process.
Cleaning with Baking Soda
In Brisbane and other parts of Queensland, people prefer commercial cleaning products when it comes to cleaning microwave, BBQ and refrigerator. But believe me; these cleaning products have more than 100 harmful chemicals that can be harmful to your life.
Instead of these products, you can use baking soda to get rid of grime and distinct food odours from your microwave. Baking soda is a natural deodorizer that can be a great replacement of any chemical based deodorizer. Let’s see how it works
- In a microwave bowl, add water along with two tablespoons of baking soda
- Set the timer for 2 to 3 minutes and heat it to let it release steam.
- The baking soda will absorb all the smell while the steam loosens all the stains and food particles from its walls
- Once it is done, you can remove the bowl and wipe of the oven using a paper towel.
These are simple tricks that can help you get rid of grimy and dirty microwave or oven. If you want a professional microwave, Oven or BBQ cleaning, then hire Brisbane’s best cleaning company such as Bond Cleaning in Brisbane. They are known for providing top-notch end of lease cleaning, spring cleaning and Oven and BBQ cleaning services across Queensland.