Substandard cleaning of walls can lead to disputes regarding the refund of the bond money. Therefore, a lot of people opt for experts who offer reliable bond cleaning in Brisbane. However, if you want to clean the walls yourself, you will require some help. Here are a few ways you can clean the walls at the end of the tenancy. Let’s have a look!
How to clean Unpainted Walls
Unpainted walls are quicker and easier to clean in comparison to painted walls and wallpapered walls. It is because when you clean the unpainted walls, you don’t need to worry about damaging the paint. You can only focus on removing the dust, dirt and stains from the surface of the wall. To clean Unpainted Walls, follow the steps mentioned below.
- The first thing you need to do is to dust the wall. For that, you can use a broom, dusting brush or vacuum cleaner. Use a ladder to reach the high corners. If your broom or the dusting brush has strong bristle that can leave scratches on the wall, cover the bristles with an old t-shirt before cleaning.
- After removing the dust, use a damp sponge to wash the wall thoroughly. Dip it into the vinegar-water solution and rub the surface of the wall. Then leave to air dry.
How to Clean Painted Walls with a flat finish
Cleaning the painted walls with flat finish can be a challenging task because you not only have to focus on removing the dirt and stains but also make sure that the paint does not fade.
That is why a lot of people opt for professionals who perform the best bond cleaning in Brisbane. You might have to pay a little extra but, you will get high-quality cleaning. If you want to do it on your own, follow the step.
- The first thing you need to do is to remove the dust and loosen dirt from the surface of the wall. So, use a microfiber cloth and clean the entire wall.
- Then prepare a cleaning solution. Take around 2 litres of water in your cleaning bucket and add a few drops of dish detergent. Shake it well and then soak a sponge in the solution.
- Wring the sponge properly and then rub the wall from top to bottom, move to the right side and again clean vertically. Then leave it for air dry.
How to Clean Painted Walls with Gloss Finish
Painted walls with a gloss finish are often used on kitchen walls because the paint type is durable enough to endure degreasing cleaners. However, they are vulnerable to scratches. So, when you are cleaning such walls at the end of tenancy, you need to be careful and follow the right procedure. If you want to clean it using DIY ways, try the following steps.
- If you have this type of paint in your kitchen near the stove area, then use a mild degreaser to get rid of food splatter and oil. For any other area, you need to prepare a solution.
- Mix dish detergent, white vinegar and warm water in a small bucket and mix it well. Then Soak a sponge into the solution and wring it properly. Rub it on the gloss painted wall top to bottom and then move to the right side.
How to Clean Wallpapered Walls
A lot of people prefer wallpaper on their walls to give the interior a classy look. There is no doubt that the wallpapered walls look excellent, but it also accumulates a lot of dust and dirt over time. So, if you want to get your bond back, you need to clean the entire house include such walls and impress the property owner. Follow the procedure mentioned below.
- Like any other wall, the first thing you need to do is to remove the dust from the surface of the wall using a microfiber cloth.
- Then clean the wall with warm water or soapy water. Use a damp sponge for cleaning. If the wallpaper is vinyl-coated, soak the sponge in a mixture of warm water and vinegar and clean the walls. If you find the entire cleaning task complicated, then opt for experts who perform bond cleaning in Brisbane.
How to Remove Stains From Walls?
When people clean the walls, the biggest challenge they face is to remove the stains like grease marks, food stains, scuff, crayon and pencil marks, etc. If you want to clean the rental property thoroughly, it is essential to clean these marks as much as possible. You can either taker help of professionals who offer bond cleaning in Brisbane or do it on your own.
- A lot of stains can be removed with the help of water. So, always try this option before choosing anything else.
- Strong chemicals can damage the paint of the walls, so if there is a requirement, use the mildest cleanser. Properly read the instruction and do not forget to perform a spot test.
- To remove any food stains, try the combination of mild detergent and warm water. You can also use a paste of baking soda.
- You can use a magic eraser to remove furniture scuff and crayon marks from the wall.
The Bottom Line
Clean walls can immediately impress your landlord, so always try to keep the walls as clean as possible. If you clean it time to time, then cleaning walls become a lot easier at the end of the tenancy. The ways mentioned above will help you to clean the walls of rental property in the best possible manner.