The Complete Living Room Cleaning Checklist
It is a fact that the living room is one of those spaces where you and your family members spend the most time. Because of this, it can easily get messy. Most individuals would not want to walk over wayward toys.
Similarly, watching a movie on a dirty TV will be an unpleasant experience. This is why taking care of the living room cleaning tasks is paramount. By putting in a little effort on a consistent basis, you can make your living room a clean and comfortable space for the entire family.
But for that, you need a proper plan and a cleaning checklist that includes all the tasks you will need to complete along with the cleaning frequency.
A checklist eliminates all the guesswork as it helps tackle the cleaning work systematically. This is why sticking to one is highly recommended by experienced bond cleaners Brisbane. Here is the complete living room cleaning checklist. Follow this to maintain a clean living room at all times.
Gather the Right Cleaning Supplies
The appropriate cleaning supplies will help you clean the living room thoroughly, using as little elbow grease as possible. Some of these supplies might not be needed for basic cleaning. But keeping them accessible will help you utilise them when needed, like during deep cleaning. Here are the ones you will need to collect:
- All-purpose cleaning solution
- Latex or rubber gloves
- Wood cleaner
- Window cleaner
- Microfibre cleaning cloths
- Vacuum cleaner
- Trash bags
- Dustpan and broom
- Bucket and warm water
Complete Basic Cleaning Tasks Daily
Most homeowners habitually put off tidying up because that seems a simple task and can be completed on weekends. However, according to professionals who do budget bond cleaning Brisbane, completing such tasks daily can save you stress and time in the long run. Trash, dirt, dust and other debris can build up instantly.
Getting rid of them on time will help you make sure that your living room looks visually appealing all day, every day. Moreover, you won’t be required to deal with all the clutter to make room on the couch when it is time to relax and watch a movie. If you do not have more than 10 minutes every day to clean your room, you can still get a lot done if you focus on the tasks below:
- Pick and put away items in their designated places.
- Throw the trash away.
- Fold the blankets and ensure the pillows are straightened.
- Clear the clutter from flat surfaces.
Take Care of Major Cleaning Tasks Every Week
While daily cleaning helps maintain a clean living room, some issues require more than simply tidying up. This is why you should complete some additional cleaning tasks every week. To ensure the procedure goes faster, it will be better to involve your entire family. Tasks may vary if you are dealing with a particular problem. But, according to the best bond cleaners Brisbane, these tasks should be taken care of every week:
- Depending on the surface, vacuum or sweep the floors.
- Dust and wipe down every surface.
- Dust the light fixtures and blinds.
- Use a high-quality vacuum cleaner on upholstered couches and chairs.
- Disinfect the high-touch surfaces such as light switches, doorknobs, and remotes.
- Dust all the electronics.
Thoroughly Clean the Living Room Every Month
There are some cleaning tasks that do not need to be done frequently. However, you should not skip them altogether. Complete them on a monthly basis to ensure your living room is clean and clutter-free. Here are the ones you should complete:
- Declutter and donate unwanted possessions.
- Clean the wood furniture and fixtures and also polish them.
- Wash the windows’ interior.
- Utilise a duster to wipe down the baseboards and follow up with washing them using an adequate cleaner.
- Appropriately dust the ceiling fans and wipe down the blades so that the stuck-on dust and debris are eliminated.
- Wash the throw pillow covers and throw blankets.
Deep Clean the Living Room Every Three Months
Professionals who do cheap bond cleaning Brisbane recommend deep cleaning your living room once every three months to tackle deep-down dirt and allergens. A deep clean will also help identify anything that needs replacement or repair. Here are cleaning tasks that you should complete once every three months:
- Deep clean the area rugs.
- Shampoo the carpets.
- Remove the window treatments and appropriately wash them.
- Wash the inside and outside of the windows.
- Use a gentle all-purpose cleaner and a mop or sponge to wash the walls.
- Deep clean the upholstery and wash the removable covers, if any.
Hire Professional Cleaners
There is no doubt that taking care of so many cleaning tasks on a regular basis is difficult, especially if you are short on time due to a busy schedule. If you are a working parent and also have pets, finding time to keep your living room clean can be one of the toughest things. Whether it is basic cleaning or deep cleaning, you have the option of hiring professional house cleaners.
They are trained, experienced and skilled to handle all the tasks. Professionals also have the ideal tools and equipment to ensure your home is free of harmful particles. If you have trouble finding an authentic and reliable service provider, it will be best to ask friends for recommendations.
The Complete Living Room Cleaning Checklist
Maintaining a clean and clutter-free living room is not a straightforward task. However, you can do it if you stick to a schedule and checklist. By following the checklist mentioned in this article, you can make your living room dust-free and visually appealing.