How To Remove Stains From Acrylic Bathtub
A sparkling clean acrylic bathtub can enhance the beauty of your entire bathroom. On the other hand, a small stain on the tub can make it appear dirty. Since acrylic is fragile in nature, you cannot use the traditional cleaning methods, such as steel wool, paint thinners and acetone treatment.
These things will only damage the surface of the bathtub. To clean it and keep it safe, you need products like white vinegar, baking soda, shampoo, borax powder, etc. These are safe for the bathtub as well as your skin.
If you opt for end of lease cleaning in Brisbane, you will find that the majority of the professionals use natural and safe cleaners to wipe up the bathtub. Here are some great ways to get rid of all kinds of stains from your acrylic bathtub.
Supplies You Need to Remove Stains from Acrylic Bathtub
The following supplies are needed to clean your bathtub. You can purchase these things from any nearby store in Brisbane.
- White Vinegar
- Baking Soda
- Borax powder
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Spray bottle
- Microfiber cloth/ sponge
How to Deep Clean Your Acrylic Bathtub to Maintain Cleanliness
It is easy to find commercial bathroom cleaners, but they usually contain harmful chemicals. That is why you should always follow green cleaning. White vinegar is an excellent option to clean your bathtub, and the best part is that it is not only cheap but also readily available at your home. To use it, follow these simple steps:
- Take a spray bottle and fill it with vinegar and warm water in equal quantity. Then mix the solution properly.
- After that spray the solution over the tub’s surface and allow it to settle down for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take a sponge or microfiber cloth and wipe off the surface properly.
- At last, wash the surface with clean water and wipe it again with a piece of dry cloth.
Best Way to Remove Mild Stains from Your Acrylic Bathtub
If you don’t clean your bathtub often, dirt will settle down and mild stains will become visible. You don’t need to buy expensive cleaners from Brisbane markets. Baking soda, vinegar and water are enough to solve this problem. Have a look:
- Take some baking soda and sprinkle it on the tub evenly, particularly on the stained areas.
- Then make a mixture using vinegar-and-water and spray it over the surface.
- Allow it to settle down for several minutes until you can see bubbles on the surface.
- After that, take a sponge or soft cloth and scrub the area properly until paste forms.
- Again leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and then clean and wash the surface.
Best Way to Remove Tough Stains from Your Acrylic Bathtub
If you neglect the mild stains from your acrylic bathtub, they become tough and difficult to remove. To get rid of tough stains, people often opt for end of lease cleaning in Brisbane. They have experienced professionals who know how to tackle such problems.
However, before calling the experts, you can try the procedure mentioned below. All you need is hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Have a look!
- Make an eco-friendly bathtub cleaning paste using hydrogen peroxide (one part) and baking soda (two parts). You can also use cream of tartar in the place of soda.
- Then apply the paste on the stains and allow it to stand for 40 to 60 minutes.
- Take a sponge and rub the surface and wait for another few minutes. Then wipe off the paste and wash with clean water.
- If the stains are still visible, repeat the entire procedure.
Best Way to Remove Hard Water Stains From Your Acrylic Bathtub
Hard water stains are a common problem in bathrooms. Although it seems like they cannot be removed completely, it is relatively easy to get rid of this problem. All you need to know is the right way to deal with the stains. White vinegar can help you in getting the job done.
- First take white vinegar in a bowl and dip paper towels into it.
- Now, apply the drenched paper towels over the stained areas directly.
- Leave the wet paper towel on the spot for around two hours and remove it.
- Then prepare a paste using baking soda and vinegar and apply on the stained area.
- Keep it for a few minutes and use a sponge to rub the area.
- At last, wipe off the surface with a piece of cloth and rinse it properly.
Best Way to Remove Rust Stains from Your Acrylic Bathtub
Rust stains are another common problem that you will find on your bathtub. But such stains can be removed with a paste of vinegar and borax powder. If you opt for experienced end of lease cleaning in Brisbane, you will find out that most of the professionals use this method. So, give it a try.
- First prepare a thick paste using borax and water.
- Apply the paste on the stained surface and wait for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Then take a sponge and rub the area to remove the stains and wait for a few more minutes.
- Finally wipe the surface and rinse it properly.
Dos and Don’ts of Cleaning Bathtubs
When you are cleaning the bathtub, keep the following things in your mind.
- You should not use extremely coarse brush, steel wool, and scouring powders because these products can scratch the surface.
- If you don’t have appropriate knowledge, mixing chemicals can be dangerous! Combinations of chemicals such as ammonia and chlorine bleach can create toxic fumes and even burn your skin. If you are confused, opt for end of lease cleaners in Brisbane.
- When using chemicals to deep clean your bathroom or your bathtub, ensure that it is well-ventilated. Wear rubber gloves to protect your skin.
- Chemicals like bleach hydrogen peroxide can discolour your fabrics. So, always wear old clothes when using products having such chemicals.
- After using any product, properly wipe and rinse the surface to make sure there is no residue on the tub’s surface.
What Else You Can Use to Remove Stains From Your Acrylic Bathtub?
Apart from the things mentioned above, there are few more products that can help you remove stains from your bathtub.
The acid present in the lemon can be effective on mild stains. It also destroys germs, bacteria and dirt found in soap scum.
You need to mix it with hydrogen peroxide and apply it on the stains. Allow it to get dry, and you will find that the stains are gone.
This is also an excellent option to remove mild stains. Apply it on the surface and use a sponge to rub the stained areas.
It might not be too effective for tough stains, but it will give a shine to the tub as well as the faucets.
Keeping your bathtub clean is not as difficult as you might think. All you need is discipline and diligence. Each time you take a bath, or as frequently as possible, wash the surface of your bathtub with clean, warm water and wipe off the excess moisture from the surface.
Also, check that quality of water, and if it is hard, then take appropriate measures to resolve the issue. All these efforts will help you in the long run and prevent stains, mildew, soap scum, and grime.